How To Delete Ancestry Account :- Ancestry is an online genealogy and historical records maintaining website that let its registered to post or upload information related family whatever they knew so can track or find information related to their family traits. The website let its users to create and edit account information, update your information on the website, website will find and track your family history and show it to your dashboard. We have recently received a lot of requests on how to delete this account from the users who have visit our website to find out the account removal process from Ancestry website. After receiving their request we start our work and gather information on website, customer service and contact our other sources to find out the best possible way to delete account from Ancestry website but before we proceed on giving them information to delete account we have to know the reason behind their account removal.
Many users have reported they are just deleting account because of company regular newsletter or notification which is making their mailbox look spam if you are deleting account just for this reason then i am recommend that you can either mark the mail as spam by clicking on spam button given at top of your mail button or unsubscribe the mail by clicking unsubscribe link given at the bottom of the mail. If your reasons are other then i will guide you step by step method on how to delete your account from Ancestry database.
A Little Bit About Company
Ancestry company was founded by Paul Brent Allen and Dan Taggart in 1983 and currently it is one of the best online genealogy and historical records maintaining company that can be accessed worldwide. As per currently the website has generated the revenue of upto 683.1 million dollars in 2015.
How To Delete Ancestry Account
Currently you cannot delete your account from ancestry.com website as per their terms and condition but the great news is you can delete your information related to family tree and cancel your subscription to make your account unrecognizable. To do that follow the methods given below:-
Deleting Your Family Tree
- Log in to your account and click on TREE tab given at left side of the page.
- Once you click on Tree tab a list of menu will be appear on that menu click on link TREE SETTINGS.
- On bottom right side of the page click on link DELETE YOUR TREE and then click on DELETE to permanently delete your family tree information
Paid members first delete their information from the website by following the process mentioned
- First Go to Ancestory.com website and sign-in to your account.
- On top right hand side of the page click on your USERNAME then a drop down menu section will be appeared.
- On that drop down menu section click on link YOUR ACCOUNT.
- Now you will be redirected to YOUR ACCOUNT page here you need to locate SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS section given at right side of the page.
- Under subscription option click on link to CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION.
- Choose one reason of cancelling subscription then click on series of action CANCEL -> CONTINUE TO CANCEL -> CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP.
For more information on How to Delete Ancestry Account stay updated to this website.