How To Delete GitHub Account :- GitHub is an online GIT Repository and Hosting Service that let its users to store computer code files. The website let its users to create and edit account information, upload picture or files, store computer code or programs to share it with list of developers, bug tracking and wikis of different projects. We have recently received a lot of requests from users on how to delete GitHub account. After receiving their request we start our work and gather information on website, customer service and contact our other sources to find out the best possible way to delete account from GitHub website but before we proceed on giving them information to delete account we have to know the reason behind their account removal.
Many users have reported they are just deleting account because of company regular newsletter or notification which is making their mailbox look spam if you are deleting account just for this reason then i am recommend that you can either mark the mail as spam by clicking on spam button given at top of your mail button or unsubscribe the mail by clicking unsubscribe link given at the bottom of the mail. If your reasons are other then i will guide you step by step method on how to delete your account from GitHub database.
A Little Bit About Company
GitHub company was founded by Tom Preston-Werner, Chris Wanstrath and PJ Hyett in 2008 and currently it is one of the best online GIT based repository and hosting services with over 50 million projects repository has been restored. As per source currently there are more than 720 employees working in the company.
How To Delete GitHub Account
Currently there are two ways to remove your account from GitHub which is given below:-
Delete Your Account through Website
- Go to the following url “https://github.com” and sign-in to your account.
- Once you sign-in to your account click on your PROFILE PICTURE which is given at top right side of the page then on drop down menu click on link SETTINGS.
- On left hand side of menu pane click on link ACCOUNT.
- Now scroll down to bottom of Account page and then click on button DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT.
- Now a pop-up message will be appeared regarding the confirmation to remove your account then enter your username and type delete your account in the field box and then click on button CANCEL PLAN AND DELETE THIS ACCOUNT.
Delete Your Account by Sending Mail
- Open your email account that is registered with account.
- Now compose a email and enter the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- On Subject Type “REQUEST TO REMOVE MY ACCOUNT”.
- Now write an email regarding deleting your account sample given here and click on send button.
For more information on How to Delete Github Account stay updated to this website.